18 October 2008

Every Breath You Take.


I've always had a special weakness for 'Every Breath You Take', which has been one of my favourite songs since the very first time I heard it. I was in London then, and it was a long , long time ago!
The song was written by Sting , originally performed by The Police and released on the band's 1983 album Synchronicity. It became a hit in the 80's and ranks as one of the best songs of all time on several lists, like Rolling Stones'.
The song also had a remarkable music video, whose black-and-white cinematography was widely praised. Both MTV and VH1 named it as one of the greatest music videos ever.
Although the lyrics may seem highly romantic, they weren't originally intended as such. On second thought they make you think of a sinister controlling character watching your every move.
Anyway, I'll always prefer my naive first impression of something romantic.
What do you think? Does it sound romantic to you , or does it sound unnerving , even scary?

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates